One of the excellent wireless devices, Belkin router has given users the freedom of connecting wirelessly to the internet from and across their home. Though the Belkin router setup is the easiest task to perform, you should consider certain things before you begin so as to save yourself time and from frustration. Below are the instructions that will help you access the Belkin router setup page so that you configure the settings for wireless connection and gaming console among other things.
- Disconnect the power cords of your PC, modem, and 192.168.1.1. Also unplug their power cords from the wall jacks
- Connect your PC directly to the DSL or cable modem.
- If a login screen from your ISP (internet service provider) appears, note down the user name and password as you will need these to make changes to your router settings
- Disconnect your router and the DSL or cable modem
- Connect your modem to the ‘WAN‘ port located at the back of the router. Connect your PC to the router using one of the 4 ports located at its back
- Plug the power cords back to the PC, modem, and router and to the power outlets
- Turn on the modem, wait for at least 10-15 seconds. Connect the Belkin router back to the PC, and reboot the PC
- Click on the ‘Start‘ menu> go to ‘Control Panel’> and then go to ‘Network Connections’
- Right click on the ‘Local Area Connection’ icon and select ‘Properties‘ from the drop-down menu
- Click on the ‘Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)’ option, select ‘Obtain an IP Address Automatically’, and finally click on ‘Obtain DNS Server Addresses Automatically’
- Launch you internet browser (Internet Explorer or Mozilla etc.). If it prompts for a username and password, key in the login information and you are good to go. Make whatever changes you want to your settings.
- If it doesn’t bring up anything, then type “192.168.2.1” (without quotes) and hit ‘Enter’ on the keyboard
Belkin routers are shipped without default admin password. So when you see the login window, don’t enter any password and just click on ‘Login‘ or ‘Submit‘ whatever you see there.
If you want to configure your wireless settings, then click to choose ‘Wireless Internet Connection’ in place of ‘Local Area Connection.’ Ensure that you have password protected your wireless connection. An unprotected wireless connection can easily be taken advantage of.
The Belkin router setup can also be performed with the installation disc. However, if you don’t have one, then follow these instructions.
Keep your router at least at some distance from magnets, speakers, or metal objects. The frequencies, rays, or heat from these objects can hamper your Belkin router’s functionality and efficiency.
If you are looking for Belkin router support, you can reach V tech-squad online technical support at their Toll Free No +1-877-452-9201 For US/CA.
V tech-squad, Inc. is the leading third-party service provider of certified online technical support services. Our Microsoft-certified technicians not only resolve virus/spyware removal issues but also educate you how to avoid your PC from future interaction with any type of worm, virus, or Trojan etc. Our top-class services include Microsoft product support, antivirus issues, malware issues, spyware issues, wireless router issues, printer issues, and non-computer devices etc.